sabato 20 aprile 2013

The National - Demons

Nuovo album in arrivo per The National intitolato "Trouble Will Find Me" intanto questo video. (E nell'altro singolo cantano "And if you want (too seriously) To see me cry (don’t swallow the cap) Play Let It Be (pat yourself on the back) Or Nevermind (too seriously) ma questo cercatevelo voi perchè piango anch'io)

"Demons"

When I think of you in the city
The sight of you among the sites
I get this sudden sinking feeling
Of a man about to fly

It never kept me up before
Now I’ve been awake for days
I can’t fight it anymore
I’m going through an awkward phase

I am secretly in love with
Everyone that I grew up with
I do my crying underwater
I can’t get down any further

All my drowning friends can see
Now there is no running from it
It’s become a crux of me
I wish that I could rise above it

But I stay down
With my demons
I stay down
With my demons

Passing buzzards in the sky
Alligators in the sewers
I don’t even wonder why
Hide among the under views

I cuddle with them all night long
The worried talk 'till god goes on
I sincerely tried to love her
Wish that I could rise above it

But I stay down
With my demons
I stay down
With my demons
I stay down
With my demons
I stay down
With my demons

Cannot stay here
I can’t sleep on the floor
Drink the blood and
Hang the palms on the door
I do not think I’m going
Places anymore
Wanna see the sun
Come up above New York

Everyday I start so great
Then the sunlight dims
Less I’ve learned
The more I see
The pythons and the limbs

I do not know what’s wrong with me
Sour's in the cut
When I walk into a room
I do not light it up

Fuck

So I stay down
With my demons
I stay down
With my demons
I stay down
With my demons
I stay down
With my demons

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento